Hello from Room 5!
I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Durham Fair weekend! I ended up going on Thursday evening. It was a perfect fair evening! The weather was wonderful and I saw Landon!
Last Thursday we pledged respect as a school. I challenged my students to create a pledge that would be read aloud over the announcements. This is what they came up with:
I pledge respect. I will show respect to myself and others by…
- Taking ownership of my mistakes and by using my manners.
- Using whole body listening and by looking at the speaker.
- Taking turns when working or playing with someone.
- Including others and accepting differences in others.
- Following the rules and directions the first time they are given.
- Using kind words and complimenting each other.
- Asking permission when borrowing something.
- Treating others the way I want to be treated.
I pledge to be respectful and to show honor and consideration to myself and others.
This week we are going to shift our focus to responsibility. Please brainstorm ways with your student all of the ways he/she can show responsibility. We will pledge this later in the week on the 30th. Students are asked to wear green.
This weekend is the Taste of Wallingford. My fire department has a booth. I will work on Saturday, October 1 from noon until 6pm. Please feel free to come and visit me! Company 8’s booth will be across from Town Hall. We will be selling my fiance’s “famous” biscuits and gravy, pulled pork and smoked mac and cheese. If I am not there, ask one of the guys to call me. I probably ran down the hill to walk Stryker,
Room five would like to congratulate Regan for being this week’s Star Student! Regan has been working extra hard to stay focused and follow all directions. Well done Regan! You are well on your way to an awesome third grade year!