I can’t believe this is my last newsletter for the 2014-2015 class! I really wish I could keep every single one of my students for next year. This class truly is amazing, sweet, kind, smart, supportive and talented. Kids, please continue to be the amazing kids that you are. But please remember it is super important to follow directions the first time they are asked =) You will all do amazingly in fourth grade and you better come back to visit! I am going to miss all of you!
We have a busy week and a half ahead of us. Monday, June 15 we will have a short assembly about the library’s summer reading program. Tuesday, June 16, the third graders will spend some time with all of the fourth grade teachers so they could get to know them further. Thursday, June 18 is field day! Please dress appropriately, bring lots of water and wear sunscreen. It is bound to be a long, hot and sweaty day! Friday, June 19 is an early dismissal and our third grade picnic at Allyn Brook Park. We will walk down around noon to have lunch and recess together. Feel free to bring blankets to sit on while you enjoy your lunch. Parents are asked to email me if they are willing to send in watermelon slices for dessert. Please email me by Wednesday if you are willing to send in pre-sliced watermelon. Thank you!
That leaves us with Monday and Tuesday of our last week together. Both days are early dismissal days. Kids are asked to bring empty backpacks to school on Monday since we will clean up the classroom and we will be bringing home a lot! Mrs. Biro will be sending home a notice and emailing parents about our end of the year party on Tuesday, June 23. Here is a rundown of the day’s schedule:
· The kids will spend the morning portion with me. I have some things planned for my kids. Kids will provide their own snack.
· Domino’s pizza will be delivered to school at noon (this is the pizza we won from our Box Top contest)
· Kids are encouraged to bring other snacks too incase they don’t like the pizza. Some kids in the past have said it’s spicy because the sauce has a lot of herbs in it. If kids don’t like pizza, they should bring their own lunch as the café will be closed.
· Mrs. Biro is organizing a sundae bar for the kids to enjoy after lunch.
· Dismissal will be at 1:35.
I am sending home a few packets along with this notice for kids to complete over the summer to keep their skills up. I do not need these back. I will also unlock and assign all of the TenMarks math lessons so kids could also sign on during the summer to practice their math. You will have access to 61 lessons until September 1, 2015. Enjoy!
Happy almost summer,